Monday, October 7, 2013

New Recipes

So I tried a couple of new recipes last night.  Each week I do our weekly food prep and decided I wanted to try something new for dinner and lunches.  They both turned out pretty good and figured I would share.

Turkey Meatloaf Muffins
 
 
Ingredients:
1 pound of ground turkey (I used the whole container so is was 26 ounces, we don't mind more meat)
1 Large Egg (beaten)
1/4 Italian Bread Crumbs (you can use whatever you have on hand, or even crackers)
1 cup tomato sauce (you could probably use ketchup if you don't have sauce)
1/4 package of dry Italian dressing
1/2 Red Bell Pepper chopped up
1 Small Onion chopped up
Optional: 1/4 cup fresh shaved (Parmesan Cheese)
Optional: Red Pepper Flakes (we like our food spicy so I added this)
 
 
Directions:
1. Spray muffin pan
2. Mix everything in a bowl together
3. Dish out mixture into each muffin
4. Cook on 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes
 
Stats (the way I made it): 99 calories, 1.9 grams fat, 3.5 grams carbs, .5 grams fiber, 17.2 grams protein 
The recipe makes 12 muffins
 
Not the best picture, but they tasted really good. I had three of them and the hubby had 4 or 5.

Now for lunches this week, I made a new recipe, that will definitely need some tweaking next time I make it, but it still tasted good.



Mexican Chicken and Rice Casserole
(not sure why it is Mexican style, because it doesn't taste like anything Mexican)
 
Ingredients:
1 can FF Cream Mushroom Soup
1 can FF Cream Chicken Soup
2 cans water (next time I will only do one can)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
1 1/2 cups rice (original called for instant, but it turned out too soupy for us so I will use regular next time)
1 package of taco seasoning
6 boneless skinless chicken breast (frozen)
Optional: 1 cup shredded cheese (I didn't use cheese)
 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix the soups, water and taco seasoning and then pour into a casserole dish that all 6 chicken breast will fit in. Mine were a little big, so I had a hard time getting them all to fit.
Sprinkle rice over the soup mixture.
Place chicken on top.
Pour beans and tomatoes over the top of the chicken
Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour and 40 minutes
Remove foil, sprinkle cheese on top and cook uncovered for 10 minutes
 

Stats (with no cheese and 1/2 cup more instant rice): 320 calories, 4.6 grams fat, 40.9 grams carbs, 5.3 grams fiber, 32.2 grams protein
 
Once it was all done cooking, I put one chicken breast in 6 containers and then measured out the rest of the ingredients and spooned it on top of each chicken breast.  When I heated it up today for lunch, I shredded the chicken up in the mixture.  It turned out to be more like a Jambalaya then casserole since there was too much liquid. It wasn't pretty (hence no picture) but it tasted really good.
 
I plan on playing with more recipes later this week so stay tuned for more to share. I am making Chicken Tortilla Soup tonight so I will make sure to post the recipe and pictures tomorrow.
 
Happy Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment