Thursday, October 10, 2013

Working Hard

I have really tried to stay focused on my food and exercise all week.  My exercise is never really the problem, it is more my food.  It isn't that I cheat on my meal plan, but there are time I have a hard time eating all my calories or hitting all my carb, fat and protein numbers.  Hitting my fat it the hardest part actually. 

I met with my trainer on Monday to have a food meeting and goal setting.  These meetings tend to always be the same, my food is pretty good, I don't see much change lately, what can I do more.  Well, this time I told him that I wasn't always eating all my calories and when I told him there are days that I am about 400 calories short he was not happy.  I had told him my weight on the scale was up and I think we need to lower my calories.  He said how can he determine if that is an issue if I am not even eating what I am supposed to.  We then talked about how it is hard for me to hit my fat.  At the end of the meeting I said I would hit my numbers and we would talk again in a couple of weeks. 

I have been really focused on hitting my numbers since Monday and I am feeling pretty good.  I am trying hard to stay off the scale since that is my enemy. I am trying to listen to my body and see how it feels. After a few days of hitting all my numbers and cutting back on the extra cardio, I am feeling strong.  I had an awesome workout this morning.  It was hard and challenging, but I got it done and had a pretty good time too.  I guess yet again I have to declare that my trainer/coach knows what he is talking about.  I am interested to see what my measurements look like next time I do them.

This self doubt is a never ending cycle.  It amazes me that we can't see ourselves the way others see us.  I do get a lot of compliments, but I only see the things that I want to fix.  I work my butt off in the gym and I work hard to keep our food healthy, but nothing is ever fast enough for me.  I have lost lots of weight and I should be happy, but there is always more to be done. I sometimes wonder if there will ever be a time when I can look in the mirror and not just look at the things I want to fix.  When do you stop  being such teenage self conscious girls? 

I guess life is just a bunch of baby steps.  I do love the journey though. Below is a picture to give you a little idea of my journey so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment